Monday, February 17, 2014

John Stuart Nightstands

A couple of years ago I took a long weekend road trip through southern New England.  I was in search of more mid century modern furniture and accessories to rescue. The plan was to hit all of my old haunts as well as a few new locations. The pickings had been pretty good; from central Massachusetts; an Adrian Pearsall glass top coffee table and from the coast of Maine, what was possibly a Paul McCobb day bed.  The real treasure surfaced in southern Connecticut.  I was shown a pair of blond mahogany nightstands that happened to be from the John Stuart Company out of Grand Rapids Michigan. Considering that they were fifty plus years old they were in good vintage condition with one exception. Unfortunately, one of the drawers had a broken handle. Not a big deal I thought. I was confident that I could find a replacement.  Well two years have gone by since I purchased the nightstands and I just now found a replacement handle in Connecticut.  
It’s a perfect match attached to a similar John Stuart nightstand. I plan on retrieving this touchstone in early March.  Once the handle is attached I will no longer foster this handsome pair.  I will re-introduce them to the world where I’m sure that they will be discovered and brought into a new and perfect living environment.  To be continued…
See more at www.gre-stuff.com






No comments:

Post a Comment