Sunday, March 2, 2014

John Stuart update





Update; the rare John Stuart drawer handle from Connecticut has been retrieved and attached.  And while I was out I swung by one of my haunts in the warehouse district of a large town in western Massachusetts where I picked up a couple of vintage Frederic Weinberg statues from the late 1950’s or early 60’s. The statues are now safe and out in the light where they can be re-discovered and appreciated. 

The nightstands need a little touch up but that’s to be expected.  The statues are handsome just the way they are.  As I look at these new pieces I wonder what type of life did they have?  What kind of things sat in the drawers of the nightstands,  maybe books, magazines or a flashlight, maybe a copy of the bible?
And where did the Frederic Weinberg statues rest?  Were they regularly admired? 
I wait for their history lesson to be taught via osmosis… Not this time.  They will remain a mystery to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment